Friday 9 July 2010

Need a reason to blog?

All great writers need inspiration. Even the not so great ones. However there is no rule that it has to be a positive inspiration, is there?
Welcome to my world. The source of my inspiration to blog and also the title - Pause to talk - is all thanks to my partner.
Married in my early 20's, I didn't realize it was also the beginning of mono syllabic conversations.
I suppose it should have been fair warning when after the wedding, I was seated at the table with my new family - my husband and his family. An unusually quiet table, where everyone pretty much concentrated on having food. I looked over at the next table, where my large family was seated and saw the usual animated conversations and shrill laughter. And by large I mean large - what with dad, mom and my 3 sisters with their spouses and kids. I had a vague sensation that the moment was significant but it wasn't until later in my married life, that I realized that it was the moment that set the tone for everything else to follow.

Well long story short, I love to talk and unfortunately my spouse wouldn't like to speak unless his life depended on it. The art of having a conversation for the sake of it, is not as widespread as I thought it to be. Mostly, I have an extended set of friends and family who I spend my overcharged talking batteries on. But since I moved to a new city, contact has been limited. So here I am one evening watching TV/DVD with my hubby and suddenly there was something I absolutely had to tell him about. I started off excitedly and babbled on for a bit, when he raises his hand without taking his eyes off the telly and says - Can you wait for me to pause it before you talk? Or can you hold on till the ads come one?

There you have it. Now I need to wait for a pause before I can talk. So while I'm waiting, let me get blogging.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment